Boundless is working to make change and get Australia on the path to becoming a renewable energy superpower by 2030, through philanthropy, investment and direct advocacy.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that Boundless collects and holds about individuals includes:
· name, address, telephone number, job title, email address and other contact information;
· information about individuals’ memberships and other involvement with organisations involved in our campaigns and activities;
· requests and proposals in relation to our grant and investment programs;
· information relating to interactions, dealings and communications with us or relating to us;
· interests, preferences and opinions relevant to our activities and operations; and
· payment details.
Use of our website
Boundless also collects personal information and non-personal information relating to your interaction with our website. The kinds of information that we collect and hold include:
· de-identified information via cookies on our website, such as the date, time and duration of your visit to our website, pages accessed on our website, your browser type, operating systems and other websites visited. We may also collect some personal information when using cookies, such as where a cookie can be linked to you; and
· device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
How do we collect your personal information?
Boundless collects personal information from you in a number of ways, including through your interaction with our website, emails or other communications (including phone calls made to and from suppliers acting on our behalf), when you take part in any of our campaigns or indicate your interest in doing so, or otherwise when you contact us (including via the "Contact Boundless" page on our website).
We may also collect personal information from public sources and third parties such as those listed under “Why do we disclose your personal information?”. For example, we collect information about whether you are a member of, or otherwise have a connection to, any company involved in our campaigns and activities from that company's records, including its member register and register of relevant interest as permitted under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
We may also generate new personal information, for example by conducting analysis of other information we already hold.
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
Boundless collects, holds and uses personal information:
· to consider applications made to us (including grant, investment and employment applications);
· to communicate with you about our campaigns and activities, including by email, SMS, telephone and online, where permitted by law. You can opt out of our promotional communications at any time – either by using the unsubscribe facility in the relevant message or by contacting us with your request;
· to maintain, verify and update our records;
· to operate our business and work with you to achieve our objectives;
· to analyse the effectiveness of our campaigns and activities;
· to obtain feedback from you;
· to train, recruit and manage our team;
· to identify and work with our service providers, representatives, advisors, grant recipients and collaborators;
· to understand how you use our website and to enhance your experience;
· to exercise protect our legal rights and interests, including to monitor activity that we consider is suspicious or fraudulent;
· as otherwise agreed by you; or
· for any other lawful purpose.
We not be able to do these things without your personal information, for example we may not be able to communicate with you or provide the full range of our services or website features.
Why do we disclose your personal information?
Boundless may disclose personal information for any of the purposes set out above.
Without limiting the above, we will disclose your personal information to third party suppliers performing services for us, including providers of professional advice and communications, technology and payment services.
We may also disclose personal information to other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies.
How do we hold your personal information?
We generally hold personal information in our electronic databases but also store personal information in hard copy form and in various third party databases and platforms.
Our website and our working environment are built with integrated physical and electronic processes designed to safeguard your information and protect it from misuse, interference loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
What are your rights in relation to your information?
Here are the things you can ask us to do in relation to your information at any time:
· You can request a copy of your personal information.
· You can ask us to correct or update your information.
· You can opt out of promotional communications.
· You can express your concerns or complaints to us about the way we are handling your personal information. We take your concerns seriously and will seek to fix any problem as soon as possible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us.
If you're not happy with the way we handle your query or handle your information (including our response to your request to access or correct your personal information), you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by visiting the OAIC website.
How does this Policy apply to other websites?
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for your convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We have no control over and are not responsible for any content or privacy practices of those linked websites. As the privacy policies that apply to those other websites may differ substantially from ours, we encourage you to read them before using those websites.
How do we change this Policy?
If Boundless needs to change this Policy in a way that affects the way we handle your information, we will publish the changes to it on our website. We encourage you to check our website periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current Policy.